MOT: April 2018
OWNERS: 4 PreviousColour: White
Gas Flow System
Fixed Rear Bed
5 Speed Gearbox
2001 Auto-sleeper Palermo 6 Berth Motorhome (LOCATION SHEFFIELD)
Very reluctant sale – The van was faultless, doing 5500 miles across France, Italy, Croatia, Bosnia, Austria, Slovinia, Germany in 40oC heat at times. We searched high and low for this particular model of van until the right one came up. They are extremely well built and comfortable with a fixed French bed in the rear, large bathroom, over cab bed and also a small doublelarge single bed in the middle. There’s a very large bathroom with toilet, shower sink, cupboards etc. and blown heating into the bathroom which is very useful for drying clothes etc. It has acres of storage for a 7 meter van, including a huge under bed area that can be accessed both within the van and externally through a locker, it easily held everything we needed for a family of 4 for 4 months. Has full blown gas heating – piping hot, plus electric or gas heated water, all works perfectly as does the 3 way fridge on all 3 sources of power. It returned an average 29 mpg and has the bullet proof 2.8 HDI 127 bhp engine so pulls easily up any hill and on the motorway.
As we were travelling with a baby and a 4 year old anything that needed doing, either precautionary or if needed was completed prior to leaving (within last 6 months). These included full habitation check (gas, electrics, damp), Cambelt, tensioners and water pump replaced (5 years ahead of schedule), all water tanks cleaned, new taps throughout, Full brand new new 2x6kg LPG GAS IT conversion professionally fitted with European adapters – fills up the heating, BBQ and internal cooker from petrol stations at very low cost, external BBQgas point professionally fitted, new internal water pump (old one didn’t feel to be pumping quite right), upgraded stereo and speakers. The exhaust started blowing 2 weeks before the end of the holiday, it was patched up until we got back and as a result I’ve just had it all replaced with a brand new item.
In addition and before I bought it – it has had the troublesome front roof light (a known noise issue on these vans) replaced with a new mini Heki version, the front radiator cross member recently replaced (another common issue on Peugeot Boxers), a 4 bike Fiamma rack on the rear. The interior has also been completely and professionally refurbished (including front seats etc.) with new material and as expected the cloth is immaculate condition. Rear camera fitted, roof bars fitted for extra box (no box with van), microwave.
It has a good service history showing the cambelt replaced in 2011 and, as mentioned, again 5 months ago plus various services.
It’s comes in at 3.7 tons and therefore you’d need to have passed your driving test before 1997 or have taken the C1 test.
· 2001 Peugeot Boxer Auto Sleeper 2.8 HDI
· 45,000 miles
· Double fixed bed lifts up with a large storage area underneath, this area can also be access from a lockable external locker to save dragging stuff through the van.
· New 2x 6kg GAS IT LPG system and external BBQ point fitted 2017
o This means you can fill up the gas tanks from a petrol station rather than having to swap bottles when they run out
· New external gas point fitted with the GAS IT install – this means you can connect up a Gas cookerBBQ outside and cook without having to use another gas bottle.
· At the same time as the above the van got a full habitation check – gas, electrics and damp.
· Roof light all resealed
· New internal water pump fitted
· Van holds 90 litres of fresh water and has a 50 litres waste tank
· Brand new taps fitted bathroom and kitchen
· All the water systems have been cleaned with the correct anti-bacteria stuff
· The front roof light replaced with new Heki mini
· I just fitted a brand new 110amp leisure battery as the old one wasn’t holding charge for as long as I wanted
· Service history is good – it had a cambelt 5-6 years ago, it should be done every 10 years on these
· IT recently had a new front cross member fitted, it’s very common that they rot of these vans
· Full interior re-upholstered at some point as it’s in perfect condition and the pattern is different to what they put in these originally
· Great tyres – no cracks splits and plenty of tread
· Has a shower, cassette toilet, full cooker with oven etc. bathroom sink.
· Full hot air blown heating throughout which runs off the LPG gas, hot water it from gas or electric (on hook up)
· Microwave fitted (Off mains hook up)
· Loads of plugs, lights etc.
· Very large Fiamma F45 wind out awning with light
· Electric step
· Thatcham cat 1 alarm (central locking etc.)
· 4 bike rack on the back
· Rear ladder and bars for a roof box (no bo
- Tel: 07794 046051
- UK: England
- County: Bedfordshire
- Postcode: LU54NX
November 28, 2017 2:03 am
This ad has expired
100 total views, 2 today